Thursday, May 17, 2018

Car travel activities for kids

Lap Boards

Have seen some remarkable DIY lapboards on Pinterest. But I don't sew buttons. I do not do well with wood, foam, or stretching fabric. I do not even cut a straight line, look more to Cars for kids from kidsvip. This is my version of a DIY lap board. Locate A cheap magnetic skillet (tip - they are not all magnetic; check first). This 9 x 13 tray price 99 cents. Then get some markers or crayons and hot glue magnet strips to them (even glue strips can utilize that extra glue). Anything To maintain my toddler from falling a marker each five seconds. The Sketchpad was from the dollar bin.


Sticker Scenes

This Reusable decal pad out of Melissa and Dog is completely awesome as is. But I wanted to find a way to make it work in the car. The scenes are too big for laps, and definitely for our little trays. So I decided to cut each scene in half and cut the stickers into segments. Then each child can have part of a spectacle along with a set of decals to perform with. The scenes will not be striking as they would be using the complete sheets, but you can' t be choosy once you've got seven people jammed into a seven-passenger van.

Color by Number Addition Pages

My Seven asked for color by number pages. I wanted to create something that would challenge her as well as give her something she loves, so I put addition details on those fairy tale characters. You can find the listing of ten free webpages by visiting this post.

Starting Sounds Coloring Pages

Do not do a lot of worksheets with my preschool boys, but a vehicle trip is the perfect time to pull a few out. I made this collection of 26 coloring pages. They simply need to colour the pictures on each letter that start with that letter. You can get the free printable in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment